Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sharp

It is never easy to hear things that you don't want to hear.
I want to be sharp, and effective in my life....full of purpose and integrity.
I am thankful for the honest words of a friend,
the ones that challenge me to be a better person.
Sometimes I also feel the nudge to share things.
Things my friends may not want to hear.
If I truly love them, I that trust God will give me the right words to say in due season.


As iron sharpens iron,
   so one person sharpens another. 

Proverbs 27:17

Thank you Daddy that wounds from a friend can be trusted.  Please make my heart like yours, so that all the conversation that comes from my mouth is loving and life giving; from words of encouragement to the ones that I feel You have given me to share to help someone grow.  Please keep my heart soft and my mind open to hear Your heart in the words of my friends so that I can receive them graciously and grow more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment