Thursday, January 6, 2011

It is Not about Me!

I had a great conversation last night with a couple I greatly admire and respect.
After speaking to a room full of teens, I sat back and wondered, did I do a good job?
Were they really listening to the heart of the message?
This man I respect so much told me that the Holy Spirit will make sure each person got what they needed to hear from what I talked about.  How freeing! How liberating!

All I'm called to do is:
  • listen and obey
  • walk by faith and not by sight
  • do it afraid if necessary
It's not about me!
If I obey when God asks me to do something, I know that is something that will be part of the puzzle that will fulfill His ultimate purpose for placing me on this earth at this particular time.

Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,
   says the LORD Almighty.
Zechariah 4:6

Thank you Daddy for the council and encouragement of the brothers and sisters in Christ You have put in my life!  A Word in due season is sweet and refreshing!  Please help me to move forward today and continue to obediently and willingly do the work that you set before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment