Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

My sister had surgery last week and came home yesterday.
As I watched her go through the whole process this last month,
I was reminded of how we are God's handiwork.
How He intricately fashioned us with His own hands.
How He created these bodies with the ability to heal and recover.
It brought me to a place of thankfulness and awe.
Sometimes life gets so busy that I forget to appreciate the simple,
yet amazing things God does everyday.
And this all was just a catalyst for my gratitude.
Another is Francis Chan's book, "Crazy Love" and the videos he has
made....if you have some time you should check a few of his short videos out.
www.crazylovebook.com

For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
 
Psalm 139:13-15

Daddy, I am so amazed by You; You are the God who created the immense universe and also painted the colors of the tiniest flowers.  Please help me to see each day, that your hand has created and continues to sustain all things....that I may live each day in child-like wonder of Your awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment