Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Humble Service in the Body of Christ

Am I doing everything I can with the gifts God has given me?
Do I even know what my gifts are?
I am walking in humility and love?
Is it evident in my lifestyle; is it visible in my life?
I love that we each have special gifts, and that each gift fits together with others.
There is no one that is without value, but some that don't know what their value is.
We were each created for a specific time and purpose.
They are all different, but equally important in the big picture of eternity.
Do you know really know that?
Are you content doing what it is God has asked you to do at this time?



For by the grace given me I say to every one of you:
Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought,
   but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, 
  in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. 
We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us.
If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; 
  if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 
  if it is to encourage, then give encouragement;
  if it is giving, then give generously; 
  if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.  
For just as each of us has one body with many members, 
  and these members do not all have the same function, 
   so in Christ we, though many, form one body,
   and each member belongs to all the others. 
Romans 12:3-8 

Thank you Daddy that You put me here on earth at this time, in this place, for Your good pleasure and purpose.  Please help me to be content in all situations and to use the gifts You gave me to the highest potential so that you may be known and glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment