Tuesday, January 25, 2011

God's Voice

I've been involved in a bible study on discerning the voice of God.

It is so freeing to know that it is not all about the things I do to strive to hear God,
but that throughout the bible His desire is to have me know Him.

His character, His love, His goodness, His mercy, His amazing grace!

Hearing the voice of God is a natural outpouring of seeking to know Him.
As I invest time to become intimately acquainted with Him, He will reveal himself to me.

The LORD said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence 
  of the LORD,  for the LORD is about to pass by.”
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and 
  shattered the rocks before the LORD,but the LORD was not in the wind. 
After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was
  not in the earthquake.  
After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire.
And after the fire came a gentle whisper. 
  1Kings 19:11-12

Thank you Daddy that you have special ways of talking to each of Your children.  Thank you that I have Your Word to show me Your character, so that I can know what is truth and what is lies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment