Friday, January 28, 2011

Motives

What motivates you?  Many things seem like good things.
Sometimes I think that things are even really good things.
But have I checked my heart and checked in with God before proceeding?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Do I do things for what I will get out of it, or for the pure joy of doing it?
I want to be a person who's utmost motive is to live a life worthy
of the One who gave it to me.
Life is a gift, people are gifts and what are we called to do?
Love the Lord (the giver of gifts) with all your heart, mind, soul and strength.
Love others as you would love yourself.
Do I love with expectations, or do I love freely?

All a person’s ways seem pure to them,
   but motives are weighed by the LORD.

Proverbs 16:2

Thank you Daddy, that what You desire from me is relationship.  Please test my motives and show me if I am living a life of selfishness, or if I am moving in the direction of selflessness.  I know by nature I am sinful and selfish, but I desire to be moving away from that and towards You more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment