Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Inventory

As I was preparing for speaking tonight at our youth group,
I was forced to really inventory myself in the area of worship. 
Am I truly living a Lifestyle of Worship? 
Am I really someone who has something to say about this topic?
I know I have a long way to go, but thank goodness I am moving forward!
We truly are a work in progress, being transformed day by day...if we are willingly obedient!
My heart's desire is that my life will be an outward expression of an inward reality....that people will spend time with me and see the heart of a worshiper,
and in turn want to spend time with the One I worship!

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, 
   to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God
   - this is your spiritual act of worship.  
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, 
  but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  
Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is
  - his good, pleasing and perfect will.
               Romans 12:1-2 

Daddy, thank-you for how far You have brought me!
I know there is still so much work to be done, but as I spend time teaching teens about living a lifestyle of worship, may they see Your heart in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment