Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Reflection

As the year is coming to a close, I feel a great desire to reflect on what last year looked like.  Some things that God has taught me are:

- It can be exciting to try something new!
  - I got the opportunity to preach to over 100 youth in the spring.
  - I have had the privileged of leading a women's bible study.
   - It is fun to serve as a family!

-  It can be scary when things change - but that can be very good for one's character!
  - Grade One - enough said!
     It is said that we give our children two things; One is roots and the other is wings.
  - Changes to friendships - I have grown to trust God for my security!

- Through times of trouble God will carry me through!
- Vulnerability is key to a community of friends!
- Prayer is the glue of any really good relationship!
- Quiet times are crucial to the health of my soul!
- Being teachable is an incredibly important quality!

There are many more I'm sure, but these are some of my top ones this year!

Praise the LORD, O my soul;
  all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the LORD, O my soul,
  and forget not all his benefits-
who forgives all your sins
  and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
  and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
  so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
Psalm 103:1-5


What a great year it has been!  Thank you Daddy for the many lessons learned, for the good, the bad and the ugly!  You have brought me through, given me the grace and strength I need in any and every situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment