Monday, December 13, 2010

A Work in Progress

Sometimes I wonder why I get caught up in the idea that things need to be perfect.
I think I have internal desire for perfection; but I know the reality of it is that my life is a work in progress.  I have learned there is a big difference between perfection and doing something with integrity and excellence.  I want to live an excellent life, one of moving forward, pressing on and trusting God to change my heart. 
He is challenging me greatly to move to a higher level of character and integrity at this time....whoa mama!
No one said it would be easy, but I'm glad I'm not doing it alone!

...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you 
   will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
      Philippians 1:6

Thank you Daddy that you will never leave me or forsake me, You are my ever-present help in times of trouble.  I will praise You in the storm, and rest in and trust You while you continue your good work in me! I can't wait to see what it looks like on the other side!

1 comment:

  1. Jen, your daily words bless and encourage me. Thanks for the reminder that He does not call me to perfection, but to integrity and excellence. Perfection is all about me and what I can do in my own strength. Integrity and excellence are about serving Him and what I can do with His strength and for His glory. You are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete