Friday, December 3, 2010

He Speaks

The Bible says many things about the voice of God:
  - it thunders
  - His voice strikes with flashes of lightning
  - it shakes the deserts
  - it breaks cedars,twists oaks and
    strips forests bare
  - it is like the roar of rushing waters
 
His voice is powerful and majestic,
and yet how have I heard Him? 
I hear him in a still small voice, as a whisper in my heart or an illumination of His Words in scripture and sometimes through the counsel of a godly friend. 
Are you listening?
Do you hear Him?
Can you perceive what He is saying to you today in the big and small things?
Because ..... He still speaks!

   The LORD said,"Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by."

  Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD , but the LORD was not in the wind.  After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake.  After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire.  
  And after the wind came a gentle whisper.
   1 Kings 19:11-12

I am so excited today Daddy, that in this day and age of chaos and confusion, in the business that I often create for myself....you still speak.
Help me to listen and obey, in all that I do today!

1 comment:

  1. Your posts are simply beautiful...I really enjoy reading them. Thank you.

    xo,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete