Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Do You Have a Weary Heart?

There is so much up in the air right now, but I choose to spend my first time with my Daddy and I love how He has prepared me each day and given me His grace and His strength.  I realized yesterday that at one moment you can think you have things all figured out, that a relationship can seem like it is finally going the way you always hoped....and then wham....the next phone call all you can hear is bitterness, resentment, hurt and anger.
At that moment I was thankful for something my friend and pastor said sunday afternoon:

Let us not become weary in doing good, 
for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 
Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, 
especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
  Galatians 6:9-10 

Daddy, you know the hearts of your children, I do not.  I lay down my expectations, worries and concerns at your feet.  I release them to you, to do your good work.  I pray that they will have soft hearts and be receptive to your quiet call to them, because like you have done for me, I know you want to heal their hearts and free them from their heavy loads.  Please help me to continue to do good and give me Your grace when I feel weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment