Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Karate Kid

Okay, so I watched Karate Kid this week...one of my all time favorite shows.
Both the original (wax on/wax off), and the latest with Jackie Chan (one of my all time favorite actors!).
My favorite line was in the second one, and that is what I want to share today!

Being still and doing nothing are two totally different things.

Why do I like this so much? 
Well, it's because so many times I feel like I need to be doing something. 
Sometimes though, the need is in being, not doing!
I cannot hear God if I am so busy trying to make everything happen.
I need to stop and listen to His still small voice.
I need to allow Him space and time to minister to my soul.

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; 
 I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
The LORD Almighty is with us;
   the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Psalm 46:10-11


Thank you Daddy for quiet times in Your presence.  Please help me to sit quietly with You, to put aside all the things that crowd my mind and allow You to do Your good work in me!  Help me to realize that those times are a valuable investment in the most important relationship I will encounter!

No comments:

Post a Comment