Thursday, December 9, 2010

Generosity

The resounding message in our church, and in conversations with friends this week have been all about overcoming greed with generosity.  Holding a little looser grip on the material things of this world, and valuing relationships more.  How timely, as we come into a season of generosity, of giving and receiving gifts.  All that we have comes from God, so what will we do with it?  It's not ours, we are just stewards of the money, talents, gifts and resources that we are entrusted with.
In the end, what will I have to say to my Creator about how I have spent what He has entrusted me with?

"Naked I came from my mother's womb.
    and naked I will depart.
  The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
    may the name of the LORD be praised."
       Job 1:21

Thank you Daddy for all you have given me; I know that every good and perfect thing comes from you!  Please help me to be a good steward of the gifts, talents, resources and relationships you have entrusted me with, that I may be a generous person!

No comments:

Post a Comment