Monday, October 18, 2010

Me and My Big Mouth

Sometimes it is so easy to say what I want, to justify myself or to enter into conversation that could slightly cross the borderline of gossip.  Why?  Does the instant gratification of giving my unsolicited opinion or sharing some interesting tidbit really do me or the hearer of my words any good?  Is it edifying?  Does it build up or does it tear down?  What does God have to say about it?  Did I even consult Him before sharing?

Let the words of my mouth
    and the meditation of my heart
    be acceptable in thy sight,
O Lord, my strength and my redeemer.
      Psalm 19:14

Thank you Daddy for the people you have put in my life, may my conversations glorify you today!  Please place a guard over my mouth and make me sensitive to what comes out of it.  And as the psalmist once prayed, may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to you, O Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment