Monday, October 25, 2010

Daddy Darling

I remember a guest pastor coming to speak about our Father God.  The thing that stuck out to me and still does was when he said that "Abba" means "daddy darling".  What a beautiful picture he painted of a child looking with admiration and adoration up to her daddy darling.  I still have fond memories of looking up to my daddy, thoughts of how strong and loving he was.  It makes it easy to transfer that picture to my
Abba Father.


Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, 
   the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."   
So you are no longer a slave, but a son;  
   and since you are a son, God has made
you also an heir.
      Galatians 4:6-7

Thank you Daddy for my earthly father; thank you also that I can call out to you "Abba, my daddy darling".  Thank you for sending Jesus for me, so that I can come boldly to your throne and run into your arms; and know that I am your daughter as a result of the work that he did at the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment