Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Homefront

It has been one week since I received a message that I am still chewing on, so to speak. 
The message was directed to teens and their relationship with parents, but I keep thinking about how it relates to all of us.  It seems as though our homes can be in utter chaos, full of strife and lack of appreciation of each other.  The thought provoking questions was:  What do your actions say at home, about how you love Jesus?  And I keep hashing through how I ought  treat those in my household with such great value.  Out of the overflow of that I can then minister to those outside of our home.

...All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward 
one another, because,

"God opposes the proud
     but gives grace to the humble."

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, 
   that he may lift you up in due time.
       1 Peter  5:5-6

Daddy, I come humbly before you and am asking for your help to place my relationships with my husband, children in utmost priority.  Second only to my relationship with you.  May all the other people in my life benefit from a thriving home environment, where you are the center and may it's atmosphere be one of love and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment