Wednesday, October 20, 2010

How's my Hearing?

There are many ways God builds my faith and I noticed that there is a huge common thread....hearing

I love hearing other peoples "God" stories, I love hearing God speak to me in His "still, small voice" and through His Word. 
That's what happened this morning; while I was out walking, He reminded me of a verse and unpacked it for me....it was so cool! 
Sometimes I need to slow down and really listen to what He means, not become so familiar with His Word that it can't impact me in a new way.

So then faith comes by hearing,
   and hearing by the word of God.
        Romans 10:17

I had to read it a little slower, one line and then the other...it seems to me that our faith is built in stages.

Thank you Daddy for your Word, I pray that my ears would be open to hear your truth and in turn that my faith would increase today even more, and more each day until I see you face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment