Friday, November 12, 2010

Fighting the Good Fight

After spending time pondering yesterday, and praying for soldiers and families affected by someone involved in a military position, I was reminded that we too are called to fight each day.  We do not all fight physical battles, although some do, in the form of sickness and disease.  But as believes we do fight against powerful thoughts and our battlefield is the mind.  Entertaining these thoughts can often make or break our day, our relationships and our destiny.

For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand.  I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but to all who have loved His appearing.
  2 Timothy 4:6-8

Daddy, like everyday, I need your help to fight the good fight, to keep the faith.  Please help me not to give way to emotion, or thoughts, but to look to you as I continue this race you have laid out for me to run.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so funny thing! The homework I did this morning had the same verse as I put on here yesterday...ya think that I have something to learn....probably!

    ReplyDelete