Friday, November 5, 2010

Desperate

Have you ever just woke up feeling weary and desperate for God?  Today was my day!  It is so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of a week and think, "I'll make time for God...in a little while....right after I get this done....right after I call this person...".  After visiting with a friend yesterday, I thought about a comment I made to her about not having enough time to spend with God....and I know why I feel desperate!

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, 
  says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil,
   to give you a future and a hope.  
Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me,
   and I will listen to you.
And you will seek Me and find Me, 
  when you search for Me with all your heart.
   Jeremiah 29:11-13

Thank you Daddy that you will not leave me or forsake me in my sin.  That you always have time for me, even though I have periods where I don't make enough time for you.  I come to you desperate for your presence and encouragement, please forgive me for not putting you first this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment