Monday, March 28, 2011

Saviour and Friend

 The LORD has made proclamation
   to the ends of the earth:
“Say to the Daughter of Zion,
   ‘See, your Savior comes!
See, his reward is with him,
   and his recompense accompanies him.’”
They will be called the Holy People,
   the Redeemed of the LORD;
and you will be called Sought After,
   the City No Longer Deserted. 

Isaiah 62:11-12

When I read this verse I got so excited for two reasons:
1. I am a daughter of Zion!
2. My Savior is coming back one day!

One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin,
   but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Proverbs 18:24

The benefits of spending time in God's Word are amazing.
Taking time to see what He has done and the promises He has made help me to understand God's character.  This in turn builds my faith and helps me trust Him more everyday.
We spend all the time:
 - we spend money on the things we need and want.
 - we spend time with people that are valuable to us.
 - we spend energy on the things we are passionate about.
I want to spend my time, energy and money on things of eternal value.
To invest in the One who is my Savior and friend....then to bless those in my life with the overflow of that relationship.


To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before 
  his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 
to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority,
   through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen. 
Jude 1:24-25

Thank you Daddy that every good and perfect gift comes from Your hands. May you be glorified in all that I do, all that I say and all that I spend my time, energy and money on.

1 comment: