Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A New Thing

When I intentionally take time to be still before God, something amazing happens.
HE SPEAKS!
In many ways really and it is so individual for each of us, that is another reason I am amazed.
I have felt the nudge to not allow the pressures and expectations I've put on myself to rule me.
It only leads to distraction, heartache and feelings of failure.
So, I have not been trying to rush through my to-do list, I have not been on a reading marathon.
I have been reading my bible, taking much time to pray, and expecting to hear from God.
Then while enjoying worship at church, the Holy Spirit washed over me...
it was all-consuming and I could no longer speak,
I just stood in His presence with tears washing down my face.
Those closest to me know that this is the kind of experience that breaks my heart,
and at the same time is overflowing with joy!
Then my good friend shares what God spoke to here the night before....and it shattered me!
In a good way.....He blew my socks off....He is so good!

“Forget the former things;
   do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
   Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
   and streams in the wasteland. 

Isaiah 43:18-19

Thank-you Daddy for meeting me where I am at.....for reminding me that You are good and You are God!
I am so excited to see this new thing You are going to do, and I wait expectantly for you to reveal to me what You have in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment