Friday, March 18, 2011

Content to Be

How many times do I strive to do the things I should, be the person I think I should be,
and meet unrealistic expectations that I alone have put on myself.
I was thinking about it yesterday when I changed things up from what
I had planned to do over Lent with this blog. 
I am not called to be strict and legalistic, but to walk in freedom and lead by the Holy Spirit.
Since I was away on holidays, I have found something that I wish I would
have "got" a long time ago.
I know I have probably said this to my friends, but I just recently received it in my soul;
I don't think that we are always called to DO, but sometimes we are called to just BE.

Be with the lover of my soul.
Make time to pursue a deep and intimate relationship with Him.
Take time, expecting Him to work in my heart and do big and cool things.
Wait on Him to speak to me.
And so, I continue to ponder the names of Jesus, to get to know His character better.
So the I am better able to discern his voice from that of my own thoughts.

This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you
   that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. 
Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 
  and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him.
For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the 
  land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Deuteronomy 30:19-20

Thank you Daddy, that because of Jesus I can live in freedom!  And thank you that You have given me the Holy Spirit as my guide.  As I take time to ponder Your character, please help me to continue to choose life daily.  Thank you for all the amazing promises in Your precious Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment