Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bible Study

I had a lovely time with my bible study pals last night!
It's hard to believe that a year ago, when I felt God call me to do this thing I was terrified.
Like, "God what are you thinking? Me? Really? I'm terrified of women!"
Well He had other plans, He always does!
And you know what they are good!  I love these ladies!
They are sweet, authentic, teachable and just plain fun to spend time with.
I am amazed, yet again, how God can take something that terrifies me and turn it into
something that brings me so much joy and life!
Who knew?  Well of course....He did!

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
 because the LORD has anointed me
 to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
 to proclaim freedom for the captives
 and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
 and the day of vengeance  of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
 and provide for those who grieve in Zion -
   to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes,
   the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
   and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
  a planting for the LORD for the display of his splendor.
Isaiah 61:1-3


Thank you Daddy for taking me out of my comfort zone!  It has taught me to see the beauty in other women, that my perceptions from past experience were totally shattered....and that is such a good thing!  I also learned that as I trust you, and follow your direction, that you will not embarrass me or make a fool of me.  If I truly trust You, Your power and anointing will be there to make it all work out for Your glory.

1 comment:

  1. You are annointed and a blessing. I praise God that you are faithful to follow His leading. Bless you my friend.

    Frieda

    ReplyDelete