Monday, June 27, 2011

What is Really Required of Me?

I've had alot of time to ponder the time I invest in things lately.
It has been extremely beneficial as I've shifted into a lower gear.
Living simply and investing more time into my relationship with God
(really seeking out His character), my husband and my children.
I've spent time asking God if what I am doing is honoring Him,
 is it fruitful, and if I am hearing Him right in how I spend my time.
Every season of life is can be busy, but is it truly fruitful?
What am I doing with the other six days of the week (besides Sunday)?
Who am I when nobody is looking?
What does God say about what He requires of me?


He has showed you, O man, what is good.
  And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
  and to walk humbly with your God?
Micah 7:7

It is funny how simple it should be, and yet I can easily work it up into something complicated.
Our society measures success by business, and yet I feel a tug to quiet and simple.
I am reading a book titled Weird by Craig Groeschel and I highly recommend it!
I love the subtitle : Because normal isn't working.
How true is that!  I want to be weird in the best kind of way....Jesus' way!

Thank you Daddy for the truths in Your Word!
Please rearrange my heart, my mind, and my priorities.
Show me what needs to stay and what needs to go; that my life would honor You!

No comments:

Post a Comment