Monday, June 13, 2011

Take It Off!

Stay with me here.....still not talking about clothes!
There are things God has asked me to take off, throw off and/or leave behind.
How about you?
I've been asked to take off the mask that says "Everything is just fine";
  when in fact it is not.....that takes humility and vulnerability.
I've been asked to throw off my attachment to food;
  this is uncomfortable because it requires trust and submission.
I've been asked to leave behind fear of what people think;
  if God is for me....what can man do to me?
  This required tremendous faith!
In light of eternity our time here is but a vapor.....
 when I look into the face of Jesus, I want to hear:
"Well done, my good and faithful servant!"

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses,
 let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles,
 let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith,
 who for the joy set before him endured the cross,
 scorning it's shame, and sat down at the right hand of God.
Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men,
 so that you will not grow weary and loose heart.
Hebrews 12:1-3

Thank you Daddy for all  that You do for me, for all that You teach me each day.
Please help me to remember Your words throughout my day,
so that I may be a doer of the Word and not merely a hearer of it.
Please give me the grace and strength I need to throw off all that hinders my walk with You,
and the ability to clearly see Jesus each and every day!
let us

No comments:

Post a Comment