Saturday, June 11, 2011

Put it On!

Hahaha....I'm not talking about modesty issues here!
I spent time with a wonderful, faithful and very encouraging friend yesterday,
 and I am telling you that every time we are together God gets me thinking!
She read a verse to me that made me wanna go home, rush into my bible
 and see "what else" does God have to say about this.....here is what I found!

Therefore as God's chosen people,
  holy and dearly loved,
  clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, 
  humility, gentleness and patience.
Bear  with each other and forgive whatever grievances 
  you may have against one another.  forgive as the Lord forgave you. 
And over all these virtues put on love, 
 which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Colossians 3: 12-14


We were talking about "putting on" yesterday,
  and I am amazed at how often God tell us to "put on" things!
It may be worded as "clothe" as well....
  do you take the time to "put on" the things God asks you to?
I need to remember to take the time to put on what I need to walk
  in a way that will glorify and honor God each and every day!
But it doesn't end there....the rest of the chapter is amazing,
  so I will share it too!

Let the peace of Christ rule you hearts,
  since as members of one body you were called to peace. 
And be thankful.  
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach 
  and admonish  one another with all wisdom, 
  and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs
  with gratitude in you hearts to God.  
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, 
  do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, 
  giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Colossians 3:15-17

Thank you Daddy, that I can see you working in my relationships!
Thank you for friends that "bear up" with me in the tough times
and are Your hands and feet here and now.
I see how beautifully your wisdom enriches my life as I see the benefit
of what you have taught me working in everyday life. 
I surrender my heart to You today, and ask that You would reign there;
and please give me Your perfect peace today,
   in Jesus Mighty name I pray...Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment