Thursday, June 16, 2011

What Are You Wearing?

God has so much to say about what we should wear.
When I think about putting on the things God asks, it is such a leap of faith.
Sometimes I feel a bit silly "putting on" something I can't see.
But, when I "throw off" the things that I carry on my own;
   sin, worries, anxieties, expectations, judgements, selfishness.....
and "put on" what God offers;
   strength, light, compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience,
    and Jesus Christ himself....how do I feel?
Lighter! Stronger! Confident! Purposeful! Joyful! Peaceful!

The thing God has continually asked me to "put on" this past month is Humility.
   ...to humble and test you so that in the end it might go well with you.
           Deuteronomy 8:16

I can't say it has been comfortable, but it has been worth it!
    Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
      because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 
    Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature
      and complete, not lacking anything.
   James 1:2-4

I encourage you today to wait at the Lord's feet, to humble yourself before Him.
Ask Him what needs to be changed in you.....it may be hard, but it will be worth it!
   For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an 
          eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
   2Corinthians 4:17

Remember to "put on" humility....

   All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, 
     because, “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”
   1 Peter 5:5
And don't forget to "put on love"....
   And over all these virtues put on love, 
     which binds them all together in perfect unity. 
   Colossians 3:14

Daddy, as I throw off all the things that hinder my relationship with You; and as I humbly yet boldly come before Your throne of grace....please help me to see You, in this work of character that You are doing in me.
I thank you that You who starts a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Please remind me to "put on" the things of You, even before I set foot out of my bed, so that You will be glorified and be made visible by my lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment