Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What are you boasting about?

Do you ever try to talk the good talk,
  trying to impress people with how busy and productive you are?

I have found that kind of conversation to be kind of like bug spray.
It repels depth of conversation and intimacy in relationship.

I long for the real deal......conversations that boast about God!
Being around people, that make me want to spend MORE time with Jesus.
I love getting into the nitty-gritty of real life and taking those concerns to God.
I love then seeing His faithfulness in the long run;
  as I stand in genuine relationship with others...as we seek Him on our lives.

Through the course of life I have enjoyed getting to know many people;
  and don't get me wrong, I LOVE spending time with people.
And yet.....there are only a few that know the depth of my heart.
  (and boy, oh boy, am I thankful for them!)
I suppose that is a good thing, if I relied primarily on people for support,
  I would not earnestly seek audience with the giver of these relationships.

Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom
  or the strong man boast of his strength
  or the rich man boast of his riches,
but let him who boasts boast about this:
  that he understands and knows me,
that I am LORD, who exercises kindness,
  justice and righteousness on earth;
  for in these I delight,"
         declares the LORD.



Father, I thank you for friendships that have fostered growth in my relationship with You.
I pray that you would nudge me, whenever my conversation is remaining in a superficial place.
I thank you for all the experiences I have had with You that I can share to encourage others in their relationship with You....remind me to boast about the things of YOU! 
To walk in joy and peace; with an attitude of gratitude, grace and trust. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I am totally allergic to that kind of "bug spray" conversation :) Lovin' getting to know the heart of a person and their realness!! I agree that we should not have to "boast" about our talents, wisdom or strength for even if they are seen by only Him, what more could we want?

    ReplyDelete