Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Family

As I woke up this morning, I pondered....
   how is it possible to be exhausted and refreshed at the same time?
I  just came back from what I would say is markedly the best part of my summer thus far.
My cousin and I planned our first family reunion and it was located on their farm.
What a perfect setting it was...I'll give you a few of my favorite highlights!
  • tipping the tent trailer with Teresa during set-up
  • Laura biting it on the scooter
  • late campfires
  • watching the kids playing in the woodpile (it looked like life-sized lego blocks)
  • Playing with my sweet Jackey-bum
  • long-legs the sheep and the phantom baa-ing
  • California Cows
  • Impromptu "Melo's Barber Shop" in the morning
  • Emily's awesome scavenger hunt
  • literally screaming as Chris took me four-bying on his gator
  • hearing Chris re-tell me that Caleb was  "up for anything" when it was his turn
  • Epic water fights
  • Mayson swimming nudy in the pool (he's only one)!
  • Megan's tattoos 
  • Watching my cousin's kids lovin' on my kids 
  • Talent show!!! Teresa's MMA moves and Eva's Classic Rewind rocked my world.
  • So many other hilarious skits...i.e. Lochlin's Old McDonald had a jazzy farm rendition!
  • Chris's stories....any/all of them!
  • Andre' playing electric guitar
  • One on one time with  my cousin Teresa
  • Riding to the pool in the big yellow bus and the wild ride home!
  • Hanging out with my Aunty Mel, I especially loved watching her dancing with Kaitlyn, it reminded me of when she and I use to do the same thing!
  • I love her girls...they will try anything!
  • Kaitlyn "getting me"....she is a savage shark in the pool you know and way too cute!
  • The girls picking on Andrew....he had it coming....don't feel too sorry for him!
  • Horse back riding with Jerome...almost falling off my horse Nelly at a full gallop.
  • Writing our names in the abandoned house
  • Watching Jerome, Eric and James run and jump on Harley (Jerome's horse) like the lone-ranger.
  • .....and of course Matthew's attempt.....hey, at least he tried.
  • Quading with Aunty Anna
  • Raymond's hoola-hooping skills and yelling "your the best cousin ever" when I soaked him on the gator!
.....so many more things I could go on and on!
I absolutely adore my family.....almost everyone got to come for at least part of it!
I loved watching my dad enjoying all the kids....
   I loved that we got to make so many great memories together!
I'm so glad my grandma got to come, and loved the video of my grandpa....
   just the way I remember him.


There, in the presence of the LORD your God, 
  you and your families shall eat and shall rejoice in everything 
  you have put your hand to, because the LORD your God has blessed you.
Deuteronomy 12:17 

Thank you Daddy for blessing the time we spent together as family, making memories together!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww....sounds super duper fun! Then again, if YOU are there I truly believe you can bring an element of awesomeness to the day! :) So happy you had a blessed time dear friend!

    ReplyDelete