Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Refreshing

I have been reading the book of Jeremiah the last while.
Don't know if you have ever just camped out in a certain area of the bible or not.
But I have found it fantastic in this time.
Especially since my hearts desire is personal increase in maturity, character and holiness.
I stumbled upon this verse the other day when I was camping.

But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
  whose confidence is in him.
He will be like a tree planted by the water
  that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
  its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
  and never fails to bear fruit.
Jeremiah 17:7-8

In all truth, I do not believe in coincidences....that I ended up here was not an accident.
I was needing encouragement that morning, because my son was up all night coughing and I was exhausted.
We had a full day ahead of us and this verse put my mind to God.
It reminded me to trust Him with the day ahead!
Sometimes in the business of life we think;
....I will get to God's Word later
....I know where to find Him
....He is always there for me

The truth is that He will sustain us and give us what we need when we go to Him.
Another is that we invest time in the things that are important to us.
If I want to be be fruitful and fulfill all the plans God has purposed for my life,
 I need to make my relationship with Him an utmost priority.

Seek the LORD while he may be found;
   call on him while he is near. 

Isaiah 55:6

Food for Thought:
Reading this verse made me think that if I am called to seek the Lord while he may be found,
that there will be a time when He will not be.

Daddy, as I wake up each day expecting to hear Your voice and see You throughout the day,
please increase my desire for the things of You and make me aware and sensitive to notice
Your fingerprints on the small and big things of this day.  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jesus for letting us find you so easily. Thank you Jen for pointing that out...

    ReplyDelete