Thursday, July 7, 2011

Quietness and Confidence

There is a big difference between self-confidence and God-confidence.
Relying on myself for confidence only seems to breed selfishness and pride.
Relying on God for my confidence brings joy, peace and fruitfulness.
God-confidence is quiet, knowing I don't have to stand up for or justify myself.



The fruit of that righteousness will be peace;
  its effect will be quietness and confidence forever.
Isaiah 32:17

It is trusting Him to grow my character as I seek to know His character more.

“But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD,
   whose confidence is in him.
They will be like a tree planted by the water
   that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
   its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
   and never fails to bear fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

It is knowing that Jesus is my example, and my help.
He knows what I am going through; He's been there, He trusted the Father and so can I!

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, 
  but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are
  —yet he did not sin.
Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence
  so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. 
Hebrews 4:15-16

I have a choice, what will I do with today?
Will I be quiet before God and listen to Him whisper to me today?
Will I be confident that His grace is enough?
I was never called to be busy....I was called to rest in Him.
That does not mean that I will do nothing....it means that I will be able
to wait for Him to show me what it is He wants me to do next....confident that
His plans for my day are much better than what I could come up with on my own.

This is what the Sovereign Lord,the Holy One of Israel, says:
  “Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved.
        In quietness and confidence is your strength."
Isaiah 30:15

Thank you Daddy that in the chaos and confusion of life, I can rest in You.
Even though at times it feels like my emotions are taking over ...... I can stand!
I can stand in quietness and confidence, knowing that You have a good plan for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment