Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Something Completely Out in Left Field.

Okay, so as of the last couple of weeks,
I have been engaged in a shall we say interesting encounter.
Something I never imagined of dealing with.
I am thankful that God gave me wisdom, discernment, and a calmness to deal.
So, you wanna know my crazy story?!?

I would probably say; "Ya, get on with it!"

Well, we posted some items on Kijiji a few weeks ago...some kids toys
and stuff we just didn't need anymore.
Spring purging at it's best, which generally I am not so good at being a hoarder by nature.
( I think it's a genetic condition, but I may be wrong)
Anyway, there was a fella interested in the table and wanted to pay a bit more
for it than the asking price...k....kinda weird.
Waiting ...  and a few interesting emails later I receive awaited letter.
Payment inside....a bank draft for $2430 more than we agreed on...hmmm.
My spidey senses are tingling.....well they were at the second email....but hey,
wanted to see what would happen.
Bossy letter....check with BMO.....I am not the first person to have this happen.
Security alert.....nice try bad guy....your scam will not work!
I may often seem quite blonde....but I am thankful for the Holy Spirit in me
prompting me to check into things way more than I possibly would have thought to on my own.

My God is good, and faithful, and mighty to save! (hey weren't we just singing that last night!)

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him,
  so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. 
Romans 15:13

Thank you Daddy for revealing the truth of this situation to me, for giving me the ability to discern that something was not right and the ideas to investigate it out more.  (Especially since discernment is not even close to a major gift you have given to me) It made me so aware of the fact that You care about all the details of my life and that you love and protect me in creative ways.  It also made me very aware of how, if I am expectant, You speak to me, You warn me and Your Holy Spirit is truly my Counselor.

No comments:

Post a Comment