Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude

Ever wake up and just wanna be grumpy, because that's how you feel?
This morning that was my experience;
  then I felt God nudge me to think about what I am grateful for.
  • children laughing
  • the smell of rain
  • a beautiful sunrise/sunset
  • a hug from a friend
  • a faithful husband
  • a warm bed to sleep in 
  • healthy food/water
  • a hot shower
  • a free country to live in 
  • family
  • a wonderful church to learn and grow in
  • faithful friends
Well there now....I feel much better already....and my list could go on and on.
For today:
   I will not be run by my emotions, they are there to fuel my passions and purpose.
   I will live with an attitude of gratitude.
   I will expect to see God in all that comes my way today.
   I will trust in Him, and forget not His benefits.


Praise the LORD, my soul;
   all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the LORD, my soul,
   and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
   and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
   and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
   so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. 

Psalm 103:1-5 



Daddy, you are good all the time.  Please help me to see you in all things, and give me the grace to live and love with an attitude of gratitude.  Your sacrifice paved the way for me to live a life of freedom and abundant joy.  Thank you that who the Son set free is free indeed!


1 comment: