Friday, May 20, 2011

Am I Truly Humble?

I find that I can get so caught up in the debate about why I believe what I believe.
I truly do not want to be judgmental, and yet I find God is bringing this heart issue
to the forefront of my mind time and time again lately.

Am I judging the actions of a loved one.....when I don't know their heart?
God knows their heart!

Am I judging the words of a book.....I can read it, and ask God to show me if it's truth.
His Word is the only Truth!

I think it is good to discuss things.
I also believe that we don't have to believe everything we hear or read.
I am going to include a link today from a man that I believe is after God's heart,
and I am hoping that we can join together and pray for him. (He is asking for prayer)
I enjoy his teaching because he speaks and writes from such a heart of humility.
May we seek God on the tough issues of life and continue to talk about them.
We should not fear discussing issues that concern us.
If we are teachable and humble, we can truly hear God.


“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
   neither are your ways my ways,”
            declares the LORD.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
   so are my ways higher than your ways
   and my thoughts than your thoughts. 

Isaiah 55:8-9


Thank you Daddy for examples of humility and teachability.
I pray that as your son Francis has asked, that you would give him a spirit of wisdom and revelation.
That he would be able to present your truth in an unbiased and humble manner....that the message that you have laid on his heart would come through the way you intended.
I pray that You would help me to walk in humility and reject judgement thoughts,
that You would give me Your grace to do today the work You have planned for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment